THD7E TNC Help!

Hi gang

I have a problem with the tnc on the THD7E. On boot up it sends the
following to Packcom then freezes up:

SEQUENCE START:

bbRAM loaded with defaults

TASCO Radio Modem
AX.25 Level 2 Version 2.0
Release 09/15/99 2Chip ver 2.00
Checksum $CF
cmd:RESET

bbRAM loaded with defaults

TASCO Radio Modem
AX.25 Level 2 Version 2.0
Release 09/15/99 2Chip ver 2.00
Checksum $CF
cmd:MY GB2NSC
MYCALL   was NOCALL
cmd:PORTO $0000
PORTOUT  was $0000
cmd:

SEQUENCE STOP - now frozen

The Mycall was set previously for my TMD700E, the THD7E just picked it up
somehow from somewhere. Also, it automatically received the RESET  and
PORTO commands from somewhere. RESET actually writes itself slowly across
the screen!

Is the ROM faulty?

I am wondering if there is somehow some confusion between the two TNCs??

The tnc connector for the THD7E just uses Ground, TXD and RXD. Port setting
is correct as 9k6, 8N1, Xon/Xoff. (same as program). Fault appears with
both 9k6 and 1k2.

I'd be very grateful for any help.

andy g0sfj