Re: [sarex] ft847 owners question

I don't know about the 847 specifically, but the way FODTRACK
works ISS on my 736R is by progamming a wierd offset in normal
FM Repeater mode.  Seems to work very well with the 736R, and
should probably work with most any rig.  The split is set for
the difference between the Rx and Tx frequencies, which includes
the wierd split that they are using, plus Doppler.  Both the
split and the receive frequencies are updated during the pass,
so that while the rig is listening on the proper Rx frequency,
the offset is being adjusted so that when you key up you will
be on the correct transmit frequency.  Clever.  The only problem
is that when you exit the program, it doesn't put the 0.600 khz
standard value back in.  Got to remember that when entering a
new repeater manually.

Greg  KO6TH