Re: dual feed problems

Quite a few AO-40 ops run dual feeds of one kind or another. Besides Charlie's, Howard's, and Robert's sites referenced below, I also recall seeing recently a VK4 (sorry, I forget the rest of the call) with a large dish and a combo helix-patch setup.  I also spoke to JA0BBW, Cyo, the other night on AO-40 and he was using a 1.2 m dish with a dual feed.  I had a dual-helix design up last year for a short while (also a 4' dish), but just recently put the dish back up with a dual-patch feed.  I confirm the 3731's insensitivity to L-band harmonics.

I presented a paper at the 2002 AMSAT-NA Symposium on dual-band feeds.  I don't have that paper on-line but you can see the Field Day antenna we used on my web site on the "Patch Feeds" page at the bottom:  http://members.aol.com/k5oe

Finally, the Jan/Feb AMSAT Journal will have an article that should be right up your alley:  "Build A No-Tune Dual-Band Patch Feed for Mode L/S."
73,
Jerry, K5OE