Saudisat 1c heard

Hi all,
I just tried to use Saudisat-1c during this pass at
about 1613 UTC (Saturday) from Copenhagen.
The key to operating was given by this mail:

Hello All. This is Yoshi.

  I made my first QSO via Saudisat 1C at 1456~1502z pass on 4th.Jan.
with JN1GKZ and JI8IXK. The signal strength was much weaker than the
AO-27's, but I can here with my small 6ele YAGI and preamp in the
shack room.
  The feeling of 67Hz CTCSS access is stranfe Hi. The downlink returns
about 1 sec. after the uplink so I have to keep PTT on at least 1 sec.
This is a new style of FM bird operation Hi.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY(T88IY),V63BP
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com

As Yoshi says you have to wait for 1 to 5 seconds before the
transponder is on.

I do not have modern transceivers (no 67 Hz) so I used my handheld FT-50R
with about 2 W and that was enough to open the transponder.
That is using a 2x9 element uplink antenna fron F9FT.

Nobody else was on the satellite.

73 OZ1MY/Ib