Re: Linux Device Drivers and I/O ports

The sloppy but fully controlable way of doing this is using ioperm / inb /
outb.  You ask Linux for permission to access the io range that
your printer port is on, and then you just chug away with in and outs to the
port.

Here is an example or two:

http://www.e-insite.net/tmworld/index.asp?layout=article&articleid=CA187472
http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/~dm/tech/linux_pport.html

This, of course will only work on Intel X86 machines, and there are probably
cleaner POSIX ways of doing the same type of stuff.
I started to make a little kludge to control a FodTrack using Predict and
got about 60% of the way there before I lost interest.
I could control the FodTrack by passing values to the commandline.  I'll
have to find that code again.

Fred W0FMS