re: problem hearing AO-40

Hi Jon NA9D

I had a similar problem a few months ago after my mast came
crashing down. I was hearing noise but no signals, the
downconverter was working because I could hear my signal
source although I thought it was a bit weaker than normal.
I eventually traced the fault to the 2.4GHz input connector
coming unsoldered from the pcb, it wasn't visible to the eye
but loss of continuity was evident with my multimeter. A touch
with the soldering iron put it right.
You could check to see if the same thing has happened to
your d/c.
Best of luck and HNY to all,
73, Ray G3IOI