Re: Problem hearing AO-40

Hi Jon:

Sounds like you're on the right track.  You didn't mention the rest of
your receiving antenna hardware but two observations - one, aiming by
just eyeball is really tough if your beamwidth is narrow; two, the AIDC
3373 may be off 2-300 kHz.  When you hear it for the first time, it
sounds like a buzz saw !  Are you using dipole feed or helical for your
dish ?

Jamie
WB4YDL  -  a relative-sat newbie, too !