R: FK8VHY (New Caledonia) on AO40

----- Original Message -----
From: Wayne Estes W9AE <w9ae@earthlink.net>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 6:16 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] FK8VHY (New Caledonia) on AO40

> I just worked, Dany FK8VHY on AO40.  He is operating CW about 8 kHz above
> the beacon.  If I worked him, almost anybody could work him...I was
> listening through bare Sugar Maples and could only hear the beacon 2
S-units
> above my noise level.  He says to QSL via F6CMT.  I didn't get his grid
> locator.  FK8VHY has been active on AO40 for quite a while now.  This does
> not appear to be a DXpedition operation.
>
> Wayne Estes W9AE
> Mundelein, IL, USA  EN62af

Hi Wayne,

Another station from New Caledonia.

I worked FK8HA on december 2002 orbit 996 at 12:52 UTC when AO40
was on Est just 6 degrees elevation for me and 3 degrees for Patrick in
Dumbea RG37FT very close to Nomea capital city of New Caledonia.

FK8HA has good receiving system and good signal strenght in SSB
normally 20 KHz belove the beacon but sometime above the beacon.

Patrick spiks english and french.

73" de i8CVS Domenico