K-Band Status

Hi Stacey,

Tnx for the K Band activation!

I monitored telemetry last night and saw low numbers as we've seen before.

At the start of the window, K-TX began at 69 and fell to a low of 54.
I-K-TX was stable at 34.

I'm not sure of the scale used, but back on 5/7/02 telemetry showed:
K-TX between 116 and 103 and I-K-TX between 62 and 56.

Not sure what this actually translates too, but one thing I did notice was
K-TX was holding at about 56 last night when it suddenly jumped up to 68!
Don't know if this is significant, but it coincided with BCR#2 coming online.

I'm not sure if I'll be out tonight to try and listen for the beacon. The WX
up here in VT is pretty nasty. Single digit temps and winds (bad windchill).

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649
Local Area Coordinator