Re: AR-22 Rotor Control Box Question

Hi Jon,

Sounds like the rotor uses a contact closure to increment the
position dial on the controller.  The controller uses an AC
solenoid to move the display dial, hence the buzzing and
clicking.  Depending on where the dial is compared to where
you want it to be, the rotor moves until the two line up.
If the contacts in the rotor are dirty or otherwise making
intermittent contact, then the controller may step twice or
not at all when it should increment once, so they get out of
sync.  If you can get inside the rotor mechanism, giving the
contacts a good cleaning should fix things.

As for the control box, I built my own for automated operation
with this sort of rotor.  The design outline is posted on my
site at http://home.jps.net/~gregd/hamsite.htm; look at top
left hand box for the links.

Good luck & 73s,

Greg  KO6TH