Happy New Year to All and First 6 Months on AO40

Wishing You All a Happy New Year.

Many thanks to all of you who have contributed to the FAQ's, info on your
websites and other information freely given to me from all over the Globe.
It shows the true spirit of amateur radio.

 Thanks to you I have had a really good first 6 months on AO40; I tried the
dish versus the helix , much better. I have a  shield around the helix feed
of my offset 60cm dish (a 4 inch baking tin works fine and cuts down the
extraneous signals from local 2400GHz devices), the attenuator in the
receive feed after the downconvertor so the the receiver is working at its
most sensitive point, plus last, but not least, the extra 10dB effective
gain from using a DSP unit to wind down the background noise.

See you all on the 'Bird' in 2003,

Best Regards

Mike, G3LGR