Re: Is my AO40 beacon strength average ?

Darren and All,

I need to share the info on the other perspective (since I am not using 60cm
dish).

My installation is like dish:
Downlink:
Alumunium Patch Feed Antenna -> N-connector -> Drake-2880 -> 20 meter Yuri
7C (75 ohm) -> DX SD-772 splitter -> 1 m RG-9913 -> FT-847

Uplink:
FT-847 (50 watts max) -> N-connector -> 20 meter 9913 -> N-connector ->
Copper Patch Feed Antenna.

I ALWAYS put the RF-AMP (on FT-847) ON.
The result is like this:
Noise Floor: S1
MB: S7
My Return Signal: S7 (I have to adjust power to be below the treshold, so
sometime it looks like de-sensing, but it is not).

With this setup, my Receiving side is poorer than my Transmitting side,
meaning I can still have a good transmitting signal, while I could not hear
my return (on very low angle elevation, which is below 4 degree).

When I use AIDC-3731, I have noise floor about S5, and MB 20dB over S9.

73, de YB0KTQ - Reinhard Sual