Re: Mode-S Desense

Hi Dennis,

One possibility is that something got bumped on the 70cm
uplink - a loose connection somewhere.  They make for great
non-linear elements, generating lots of harmonics.  I have
a significant desense problem from time to time, and have
tracked it down to a bad set of contacts on the polarization
switching relay on the 70cm antenna.  Sometimes all is quiet,
other times the noise floor rises so high it hits me in the
face when I transmit.  Flip the relay a few times, and the
noise level changes.

Before making any other changes, you might want to give the
uplink a quick once-over to be sure.

73s,

Greg  KO6TH