Re: gamma ray detector

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Mike Murphree wrote about Radiation Detectors:

> Also from EE Times recently, see:
> http://www.eetimes.com/at/news/OEG20021125S0055

We quickly need a radiation detector for our next satellite so that we can
tell the radiation dose being received by some sample high-tech solar
cells.  And the above article is about making "diodes" BIG enough so that
they have a chance of getting hit.... caused me to ask:

? Since a big solar arrary is a HUGE surface of PN junctions, why wouldnt
there be a "spike" each time a "particle event" hit the cell.  To detect
that, all you would need is an AC coupled amplifier watching the PV bus.?

Anyone know of any resseach in that area?

Bob, WB4APR