gamma ray detector

Hi AMSATs,

I have here an radioactivity (not ham activity:-) detector what will be
build into an satellite. It is an kit with an little geiger tube.
For info look at: http://www.velleman.be/kits/k2645.htm

I will build it into an metal box to shield it for the alpha and beta
particles, and the gamma rays will be the only rays that can reach the tube
(or not ?)

What I like to know is if this geiger tube can also be triggered by other
kinds of radioation like x-ray (rontgen) or other higher energy particles
from the sun.

How many particle hits per time can be expected in an 800km high orbit
around the earth ?

73 de PE1RAH, William
---