From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Roy Welch
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2002 5:47 PM
To: Joe Leikhim
Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Kansas City Tracker-Tuner ??

Hi Joe,

Joe Leikhim wrote:
> Can anyone advise what is the latest version of the KCT-T?
>
> I have a V2.43A, what is difference between that version and latest
> version?

That is the latest DOS driver version.

> Does the version indicate hardware differences or can you simply upgrade
> the software (drivers?)

That is the software version.  The hardware version has not changed in many
years now.

> Also has anyone explored a "client - server" configuration: I would like
> to run LOGSAT on my main computer and communicate via LAN to a dedicated
> remote computer out at the antenna containing the KCT-T.

Don't know the answer to that one.

> Is the tuner feature effective with AO-40 S band downlink? I have an
> IC970A with UX-98 and UX-97.

I would expect so, but it is better you ask an AO-40 user.  Too many trees
here for me to use it.

--
73, Roy -- W0SL

E-Mail: rdwelch@swbell.net