Re: PSK31 Satellite Uplink on 10m

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:14:41 -0500 (EST), Bob Bruninga wrote:

> AMSAT and PSK-31 Enthusiasts:

> This is a proposal to allocate 3KHz in the Novice/Tech+ CW portion of the
> 10m band for a future PSK-31 Satellite UPLINK.  Since this type of
> satellite operation is not currently covered in the ARRL band plans I am
> laying this on the table for discussion prior to submitting a formal
> frequency coordination request.

This will efectively eliminate ANY ZL "Tech" class operators, as we're
only permited to TX above 50MHz. This may change in the near future if
the rumours prove to be correct, but I'm not going to hold my breath
waiting.

Perhaps you could put the uplink on 50.xMHz?

Cheers,
       Alan. (ZL2VAL)

                                 Whacky signs