RE: Hand-carry Arrow antenna?

And they still let you carry 1 litre glass bottles of 151 proof Spirit and a
hankerchief on board too :^(

-----Original Message-----
From: Estes Wayne-W10191 [mailto:W10191@motorola.com]
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 1:55 PM
To: RogerKola@aol.com; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] Hand-carry Arrow antenna?

Roger Kola wrote:

My wife got her foldup wine corkscrew confiscated....when I offered to break

off the blade they told me the corkscrew was the problem...

Wayne replies:

Corkscrews are on a publicized list of items that are forbidden to carry on
a plane, along with nail clippers, knives, etc.  There is no ambiguity, and
really no excuse for not paying attention to the list of prohibited items
that is widely publicized.

Antenna parts are NOT on a prohibited items list, and it takes a LOT of
imagination to think that a piece of aluminum is a better weapon than a
pencil which is permitted.

I suppose I will leave work earlier on Thursday and wait in line to check
the carry-on bag because of those "dangerous" pieces of aluminum tubing
inside.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA

This message and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and may be privileged and/or subject to the
provisions of privacy legislation.  It is intended solely for the
person to whom it is addressed and review by anyone else
is unauthorised.  Any use, disclosure, reproduction,
modification or distribution of the contents of this e-mail, or
any part thereof, other than by the intended recipient, is
strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient or
have received this message in error, please notify the
sender of this e-mail immediately by return e-mail and
destroy the message and all copies in your possession.

Oil Management Services Ltd