AO-40 Update, 2002-09-26

The command team has taken a set of images which just manage to
capture  the earth in one corner of the field of view and allow us to
calculate ALON / ALAT as below.  This is a  good ALAT to provide power and
protect the cameras from direct sunlight.  Therefore, we have terminated
the station keeping magnetorque and will begin drifting past the sun.  At
approximately ALON =330 we can begin lowering ALAT.

M  QST AMSAT OSCAR-40                              2002 Sept 25
                         ALON/ALAT = 53/30
        ** ALON will decrease 20 degs/week due to M.E. **
      ** Passbands off in ~7 days as solar angles worsen. **

          The AO-40 team would like your telemetry files!
Please "zip" compress your daily telemetry files and e-mail to:
                       ao40-archive@amsat.org

--- W4SM for the AO-40 Command Team