PCsat working great

PCsat status report (NO-44):

PCsat entered full sun on Sunday and is usable on ALL passes day and
night.  We  turned on her GPS last night and within one minute GPS was
locked onto 4, then 5,6,7,8,9 satellites.  GOod data for the 5 minutes she
was on.  Passes over your location are near sunrise and sunset (that's why
it sees full sun over the edge of the earth for a few days)...

Experiments during this week of full sun are turning on the GPS over the
comand station and trying to get data from a remote Arctic WX station
(N7QAM-10)  via the B side of PCsat.  Everyone is welcome to digipeat
UI packets via W3ADO-1 on 145.825 up and down. NO CONNECTS.

Although this full sun period only lasts 3 days, if we can keep her backup
UHF receivers off and the transmitters isolated, then she should
continue to work day and night back to almost 24% eclipses through this
weekend.  THen back to midday and afternoon passes only until one day her
batteries will eventually fail...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob