AO-40 Update, 2002-09-23

The M-blk has been updated, reflecting the new and changing
ALON/ALAT.  Following the elevation of ALAT, we will drift  toward ALON =
330 for 2-3 weeks (more accurate drift time will be available later, based
on final spin rate and ALON/ALAT).  When we begin drifting, solar angles
will worsen (squints will already be poor) and the passbands will be
discontinued during the drift period.  They will be re-established in
several weeks, when we come out of drift and begin lowering ALAT.  At that
time, best conditions will be shortly after perigee and the schedule will
be adjusted accordingly.  We should be back to ALON/ALAT = 0/0 about
November 15th.  We can stay there until early March 2003.

M  QST AMSAT OSCAR-40                              2002 Sept 23
                        ALON/ALAT ~ 48/15
     *** ALAT increasing to ~28 degs during next 5 orbits ***
     *** Following this, drifting ALON -> ~330 will begin ***
  ** Passbands off in ~7 days as solar/squint angles worsen. **
          The AO-40 team would like your telemetry files!
Please "zip" compress your daily telemetry files and e-mail to:
                       ao40-archive@amsat.org

-- W4SM for the AO-40 Command Team