Re: VHF Spherical Antenna Designer wanted!

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Richard W L Limebear wrote:

>  Bob Bruninga writes:
>
> > The free ride is because we can go inside of a perfectly spherical but
> > totally passive mirror surfaced 18" diameter ball.
>
> It can't be a *perfect* sphere; it'll need an attach ring to hold it on the
> launcher.

It is held in a matching foam shell that will split open to release it.
It has -nothing- that sticks out of its spherical shape...

> How will batteries be recharged ?

They wont.  5200 KWH of lithium primaries.. should last 2 years... one
year minimum...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/ande.html