IC970 UX-R96 Module Question

To all:
I am looking for someone who has the instruction manual for one of these
receivers. Can you please check the manual to see if there is an
instruction about changing the frequency ROM? Was there a "blocked
version" in some markets? I have come across a EEPROM that is supposed
to open the band edges. I have no other information except that there
were instructions in the manual. These EEPROM's are from Japan.
Thanks
--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
Jleikhim@nettally.com

"Jazz is not dead.  It just smells funny." -F.Z.