RE: VUSAT orbit, any suggestions

Hi Etienne and Others:

We are running an article on VUSat in the July/August issue of The AMSAT
Journal. To quote from that article:

"VUSAT will be a small 40kg satellite that classifies it in the
micro-satellite class. It will likely to be flown onboard India’s Polar
Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) as an auxiliary payload, flying with a
larger satellite of IRS (Indian Remote Sensing) class. VUSAT will fly in an
800Km circular orbit which would give us 3-4 passes each day of about 10-15
minutes duration. The microsatellite will have a cubical structure of
roughly 600mm3 volume and the spin-stabilized structure will have
body-mounted solar panels on all four sides and possibly on top.
Communication with the satellite will be through shared UHF/VHF turnstile
antennas mounted on the top deck. The satellite is scheduled for launch in
the year 2003. Let us hope that the next year will be the golden year for
the Indian Ham-satellite enthusiasts."

While late, this issue has been printed and is scheduled to arrive near a
mailbox located close to you.

73,

Russ Tillman, K5NRK
Vicksburg, Mississippi