seasonal off-pointing of AO40

Stacey Mills wrote:

By about November 15th, if all goes well, we should be back to ALON/ALAT = 0/0/, where we can stay for ~3 months.

Wayne replies:

Is there a layman's explanation of why AO40's seasonal off-pointing requirements do NOT coincide with the seasons here on earth?  Alon/alat was very poor in January/February 2002, but it looks like it will be good in January/February 2003.

I'm very glad to hear that alon/alat will be good from November thru February.  It's time to book my winter Caribbean vacation/AO40 DXpedition.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA