Re:Re: AO-40 Update, 2002-09-18

Vince Fiscus said:

>Could you include the current attitude with the schedule updates? Thanks

When the ALON/ALAT significantly alters, the M-blk gets modified and also
posted here.
There has been no significant change in ALON/ALAT from the last posting.

However, we are shortly about to raise ALAT quite a bit, followed by about
3 weeks of "drifting" past the sun.  During this time, the squints will be
poor, as will the solar angles.  The transponders may be off for much of
this time because of the poor conditions and to conserve power.   At the
end of that time, ALON will be ~335 degs,  we will be able to lower ALAT to
0, restore transponder usage, and have some steady improvement over current
conditions.  By about November 15th, if all goes well, we should be back to
ALON/ALAT = 0/0/, where we can stay for ~3 months.  More details will
follow in a few days.