Re: volunteers needed

At 10:30 AM 9/17/02 -0500, Estes Wayne-W10191 <W10191@motorola.com> wrote:
>AMSAT is seeking volunteers to go up to the AO40 satellite and fix the
>omni antennas.  You must provide your own transportation, lunch, hand
>tools, and spare parts.  No serious offer will be refused.

Silly silly Wayne.  That will never happen. But it *would* be easy for a
command station to have the control unit continuously cycle the 70cm omni's
on & off during poor offset times to see if it will eventually switch to
working omni's.  And we ALL know un-expected things sometimes happen on
AO-40 when things are cycled...

If they really need a volunteer, they can email <kb7adl@amsat.org> and I'll
command it to cycle.