Hello,

Internet:

> APRS server log on required
> Validation Number: XXXXX
> Enable auto reconnect
> Gate RF to Internet:
>    Open the gateway
>    Gate Objects
>    Insert Callsign (I have no idea what this does)
> Gate Internet to RF:
>    Nothing is checked. I don't want to gate anything to RF, cuz the TX
isn't
>    even connected.
> Enable Local Server: not checked

Insert Callsign

This flag is very useful to see what is the internet entry point callsign.
Using Ui-View32 if SHOW_INET_ENTRY_POINT_CALLSIGN is set to TRUE, the frame
header is altered before the frame is passed to an internet server:-

G8MZX>APRS,RELAY,WIDE*,G4IDE,I:>Some text
(The 'I' is a symbolic digi address for the internet and G4IDE is the
internet entry point callsign)

INET_ENTRY_POINT_TAG is made editable, because exactly how this feature
should work is still being discussed by the various APRS authors.

These are the parameters in IGATE.INI file:

SHOW_INET_ENTRY_POINT_CALLSIGN=TRUE
INET_ENTRY_POINT_TAG=,I

You can see on www.ariss.net for example entry point stations. Es.:

SV3CIX-1>APU24V,RS0ISS*,qAR,IK1SLD:=3731.63N/02251.66E`Op.Stavros ( ( 73s) )
TO ALL

During latest months the ",I" is not longer reported and in this frame
IK1SLD is the internet entry point.

   73 de IK1SLD Claudio