From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Keith McDonnell
Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2002 13:45
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] AO-40 recieving

I am considering the 3 following scenarios for my 144 IF k5gna
downconverter.
If you have any experience with these set-ups, any thoughts would be
appreciated.
1) downconverter to a hamtronics 2m- 28 Mhz converter to my Icom R75
receiver. (would this add too much extra noise into the signal ?)

2) downconverter to a icom PC-1000 computer controlled receiver

3) downconverter to an Icom R8500 receiver (has vhf all mode-This is the
most expensive,but I can steal it from my brother)

I appreciate any help. Thank you all in advance, 73, Keith kg2ix