PCsat Last Hurrah!

PCsat will enter full sun again this week (18 Sept), and for almost two
weeks, will have plenty of sun to support both DAY and NIGHT operations
(Passes are near sunrise and sunset, even though you may be in
dark)...

These full sun periods only happen about once every 3 months and we do
NOT expect PCsat to remain viable into the fall and winter as solar
angles degrade in the northern hemisphere (where our best solar panel
points up).  So consider this a last opportunity to conduct any
experiments...

During this period:

1) Use the digipeater path VIA W3ADO-1 on 145.825 (will always work)

2) Or use VIA RELAY or VIA WIDE or VIA ARISS (should work if we load it)
   (This lets you simply QSY any APRS device to 145.825 and it will work
   (just like it does on your terrestrial frequency)...

3) The side B transponder with un-published uplink and 144.39 downlink
   is also available for any special travelers or experiments in region
   2 and 3.

4) The onboard GPS may be enabled on most passes over the USA for our
   students to get GPS data.  If the GPS is on, you should receive
   standard $GPGGA  data on 145.825

Note, it is useful if you add an additonal "SGATE" HOP on the end of your
path after the packet is digipeated via PCsat so that it can be further
digipeated on the ground one more hop.  The recommended paths are VIA
W3ADO-1,SGATE or VIA WIDE,SGATE.

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob USNA
Satellite Lab.