ICOM 910H

Hello,

I own an IC-821H and would like to replace it with something than can do
23cm. I have been looking at the 910H. One of the issues I had with the
821H was that it did not have separate ground-on-transmit signals for
each band (like the Yaesu 736R does). It appears from the ICOM 910H
manual (available here
http://www.icomamerica.com/SUPPORT/DOCUMENTS/manuals/ic-910H.pdf ) that
this shortcoming (in my opinion) has not been corrected. To make things
worse I don't even see a single ground-on-transmit signal available (the
ACC and DATA sockets list PTT and SEND as inputs). While I can justify
not using an external linear for 2m and 70cm, 23cm is a different story.
I don't like to use RF sensed switching of linear amplifiers - I like to
use a ground-on-transmit signal from the radio. So, what am I missing?
How does one accomplish this with the 910H and an external 23cm linear
AMP without RF sensing?

thanks.

Joe
k6sat