Re: AO-40 recieving

Keith,
My setup is similar to Jonathan's...

jonathan.naylor@ggaweb.ch writes:
> One thing that I did here, and had a lot of fun with, was to split the
>  downlink IF into two, and to use two receivers simultaneously. This
>  allowed me to use the PCR1000 to monitor the downlink or capture the
>  telemetry. My other downlink receiver (an IC-706 with microphone
>  removed) was used for actually making QSOs.

I use a Hamtronics converter and feed both the receive only port of my
TS-2000 and also an old HTX-100 as a telemetry receiver (took the MRF final
out).  A few simple mods added to the Hamtronics make it very useful:
1. power switch and status LED on front
2. bypass cap and RF choke on inside of the input connector to power the d/c
3. a second output, driven through a toggle switch on the back allowing me to
switch the second output from 10 m or 2 m.  I can have one 10 m and one 2 m
output or both on 10 m.
You can see pictures of it in The AMSAT Journal, Nov/Dec 2001, or go to
http://members.aol.com/k5oe and select "S-Band Toys."
73,
Jerry, K5OE