Re: AO-40 recieving

Hi Keith,

#3 sounds similar to my setup.  I modified my Drake 2880
downconverter for a 301 mhz IF (crystal change to put the
Local Oscillator at 2100 mhz), so that AO-40 is in the middle
of the IF passband.  Then I use my ICOM R-7000 receiver.

Using a receive-only IF prevents transmitting into the
converter.  Unfortunately, the R7000 is pretty deaf, compared
to the typical all-mode 2 meter rig.  Overdriving it is
definitely *not* a problem.

Good luck,

Greg  KO6TH