Re: KEO

Hi Nagesh,

 > It will transmit the messages that the maximum number of people living
 > on

I think you are wrong, unless they have changed the design
recently....

KEO is a totally *passive* satellite..

There are no solar cells, no batteries, no transmitter et all..

KEO will carry messages on "glass" CD's which are supposed
to survive 50.000 years.. Normal CD's would be useless after
a few year or even less..

Anyway, too bad that there is no transponder or beacon, which
could demonstrate to those who supported KEO that it is still
up..  indeed, the electronics wouldn't last that long ;)
They worried that batteries may explode or leak after a while,
which could destroy parts of KEO.

Amazing how much money they were able to get together for such
a passive satellite..

73s Peter DB2OS