Meteor Scatter path loss?

Group

I know this is off topic, but it may be interesting to some. Ive been
working meteor scatter on six meters with WSJT's FSK441 mode and I'm hooked!

I was wondering if it's possible to calculate path loss at 50 and 144mhz for
meteor scatter? I was thinking that if one could calculate the free-space
path loss for the distance covered by a typical meteor scatter path ( about
800 miles ) and then factor in the actual received signal strength (
typically 3 to 6db above the noise ) vs the free-space loss, it would give
some idea of how efficient the ionized meteor trail refracted the signal?
Wouldn't it?

Tony - AA2AE