From: "Scott Townley" <nx7u@arrl.net>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 23:37
Subject: [amsat-bb] newbie RS-15 question

I *think* I heard RS-15 tonite around 03Z here in AZ.
There was a beacon-like signal at the right freq at AOS, but it was like
50% duty cycle A0...about one second on, a bit more than one second off.
And I *think* I heard my own downlink; it followed the one second on-a bit
more off cycle as well.
Is this a known (hopefully) occasional characteristic of RS-15?  Or have I
been spoofed by something else?
PS when on the beacon was quite strong; my own downlink was fairly weak but
I only have maybe 150W ERP up.
------------
Scott Townley
nx7u@arrl.net
Gilbert, AZ  DM43di

HF/VHF/UHF/Satellite MOBILE station
--> yet NEWER (August 2002) address http://members.cox.net/nx7u

"When the Going gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro"
Raoul Duke, Sportswriter

"Don't worry Boys, we'll weather this Storm of Approval
and come out as Hated as Ever"