Re: NO-44, no telem?

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Norm McMillan wrote:

> Interesting pass of PCSAT. I was able to digi through successfully, but no
> sign of any telemtry. Couple of half hearted bursts of noise, but that
> could be local QRM.

One thing we are doing to try to conserve power is to set teh Telemetry
to 9600 baud instead of 1200 baud.  It still transmits telemetry once a
minute (it has to XMIT once a minute or the hardware fail-safe timer will
assume something is wrong and REWSET the TNC).  So it is still sending
telemetrry once a minute, but you wont see it unless you shift your TNC
to 9600 baud..

BUT, ANY DAY NOW, PCsat will be back in full sun for 2 weeks so GO FOR IT!
It will work DAY and NIGHT...

de WB4APR, Bob

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob