From: bounce-aprssig-20679@lists.tapr.org
[mailto:bounce-aprssig-20679@lists.tapr.org] On Behalf Of Mark Fellhauer
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 6:23 PM
To: TAPR APRS Special Interest Group
Cc: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [aprssig] Re: Hill top tower sites for sale

At 04:08 PM 9/11/02, Bob Bruninga wrote:

>Deal of a life time for SERIOUS HAMS:
>
>If you have $20k+ to burn you might just want to check on the hundreds
>of complete hill-top surplus microwave tower sites that are for sale!

Considering a local firm here in Sioux Falls wants $100 a month for
(just)
antenna space on one of their sites, it seems to me that a well-placed
tower site purchased for $20,000 may actually be able to break even in a

few years, provided you leased tower space to commercial ventures.  Of
course there would be insurance, property and other taxes, and probably
whole mess of other problems I haven't considered...

73,

Mark
KC7BXS

---
You are currently subscribed to aprssig as:
leave-aprssig-20679N@lists.tapr.org
Questions regarding the SIG go to the SIG administrator: wa1lou@tapr.org