FT-847 Filter Info

Thanks to all who replied to my query about  FT-847 SSB filters.
I ordered the  INRAD  1.8 KHz.  I went for it because of the more
demanding
conditions on H.F. (Lots of QRM!)

Most of the replies said the INRADs were better than the optional
Collins
mechanical filters offered by Yaesu.

But those who had the  Collins filters were happy with them and said they
were
a definite improvement over the ceramic filter that comes installed in
the rig.

A few of the replies indicated that the person had tried the Collins and
INRAD,
and compared them.  The opinion was in all cases that the INRAD was
better.
Most folks opted for the 2.1 KHz filter.

73,
John, K6YK