old computers for satellite tracking

Terry Bendell wrote:

I still use an old Osborne-1 CP/M machine for satellite tracking
using MBASIC code. In fact its a great way to help newcomers short of cash
get some extra use out of the old machines they might have laying around.

Wayne replies:

There may be educational value in using BASIC programs on a CP/M machine, but there isn't really an economic benefit.  386 and 486 computers are available nowadays for free or almost free.  You get much more power and flexibility with a "free" machine that can run DOS and 16-bit Windows software.  If you have a fascination for legacy BASIC programs, I think they can run with minimal modification using Windows QuickBASIC.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA