Re: Yaesu G-5500 debugging help request

If the meter terminals are connected directly to the circuit board traces
through holes in the circuit board and are held tight against the board by
the meter terminal nuts, loosen the meter nuts and retighten them.  The
older Kenpro rotor control box was built that way and occasionally the
meter terminals would lose contact with the board traces and give similar
symptoms.  Other than this, look for a bad pot (measure the pot resistance
while rotating the rotor) or bad cabling, etc

--
73, Roy -- W0SL

E-Mail: rdwelch@swbell.net