R: Russian Answer

Bob,

You and Martin are completely wrong about the"URBAN LEGEND"
of Yuri Gagarin ,UA1LO

Read please the article "A History of Radio Amateur in Space-Part 2
YURI GAGARIN,UA1LO"written by Joe Kasser ,G3ZCZ Editor,
of ORBIT, the official Journal of the Radio Amateur Space Program of
AMSAT,issue No 6 March/April 1981 page-12

Along the history of  Yury Gagarin life you will find in this article the
QSL card sent and signed by Yuri, UA1LO for confirmation of a QSO
with W8DX  on 19/05/62 in A1 on 14 MHz

Why an URBAN LEGEND that won't go away ?

In addition to refresh the real history of the first radio ham in space it
will be a good opportunity for everibody to read again the fundamental
article "BASIC ORBIT" on page-6 of  the same issue of ORBIT MAGAZINE
written by Tom Clark, W3IWI describing the first software ever written
for a PC in North Star Basic for satellite traking using keplerian elements.

I got the honour to receive by letter from W3IWI a copy of the above
program before the official publication in ORBIT magazine.

Tank you again Tom !

73" de i8CVS Domenico