[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] - [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]

R: Australian Band Plans and 432 MHz uplinks




----- Original Message -----
From: Murray Peterson VK2KGM <vk2kgm@ihug.com.au>
To: AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 8:58 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Australian Band Plans and 432 MHz uplinks


> The Australian Band Plans can be downloaded from
> http://www.wia.org.au/bandplans/ .
>
> As long as it is a Narrow Band Mode, and you don't mind sharing with a
few
> EME operators (the MOON is a satellite) there is nothing stopping you
> transmitting on the uplink frequency from Australia and if your signal
just
> happens to be received by a satellite.......?
>
> It is there, it works, it is not illegal to transmit on the uplink
frequency
> and the ACA makes the regulations in Australia - the ITU recomendations
are
> an agreement for the purpose of preventing interference - if you are not
> causing interference - what is the problem?
>
> regards,
> Murray Peterson
> VK2KGM
>
>
Murray,

Do not confuse the ITU rules and laws with recommendations.

The ITU rules are law for all nations worldwide adhering to the
International Telecommunication Union ,ITU Region 1-2 and 3

On the other side the IARU, International Amateur Radio Union rules or
bandplanning are gentleman agreements  between radio hams.

The IARU rules inside the ITU allocation for the Amateur Service and
the Amateur Satellite Service are not under the management of  ITU

The frequency allocation 435-438 MHz for the Amateur Satellite Service is
a worldwide ITU rule and not a IARU rule

Of coarse,the IARU recommendations and rules became law for all  national
IARU member societiy and consequently for all their members.

The moon is the natural satellite of the earth but the EME operation do not
belong to the Amateur Satellite Service because by the ITU definition :

"Amateur- Satellite Service:
A radiocommunication service using space stations on earth satellites for
the same purposes as those of the Amateus Service."

The EME service do not use any "space station" landed on the moon and so the
EME operation belong to the Amateur Service and cannot be in any way
interfered by the Amateur Satellite Service wich is allowed to operate
worldwide by the ITU only from 435 to 438 MHz

In conclusion the EME activity can legally get protection from ITU against
interference produced by the Amateur Satellite Service.

The way you say that you can uplink in to the 70 cm EME band sending signals
to an amateur satellite while receiving it in another band for the simple
reason that you don't hear any local EME trafic,is equivalent to say that
you are allowed to drive your car blindly out of the way because you don't
see any other car.

73" de i8CVS Domenico

----
> Via the amsat-bb mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.
> To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe amsat-bb" to Majordomo@amsat.org

















----
Via the amsat-bb mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.
To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe amsat-bb" to Majordomo@amsat.org



AMSAT Top AMSAT Home