AO-40 dish

I have found all the recent postings very interesting regarding using a TVRO
dish for AO-40. All the info at www.ultimatecharger.com has also been very
beneficial.
My question  is this, in the past I remember seeing a web site that had a
display of the geo sats in an arc along a horizon. Also on that display was
an AO-40 arc which followed the arc, but 5 degrees or so higher. Is an
elevation control really necessary?, or can a TVRO dish have a feed offset
on the dish to hit AO-40 and use only the dish mover arm that sends the dish
horizon to horizon?
I thank you all, once again for your help. 73, Keith kg2ix