Re: Re: ANS

Hello Jim, This is Yoshi.

At 2002/09/05 22:48:24 Reicher, James wrote:
> Yoshi, the bandplan for which you provided the URL says you can operate CW.

  Ah.. No We can not. The word "CW" on that chart is one of the part
of "FM(Phone,CW,Image)".  It is F2 mode. We can oprate CW at there but
with FM TX and AF OSC. A1 mode CW is prohibited.....sigh.

> It also does not specify that this is a government bandplan.  Is it just the
> recommended bandplan from the JARL?

  No this is government plan. When about 10 years ago, our formar
band plan (recommended by our league) became a part of radio law.
Now it is very hard to change this.
  When I knew the return of AO-7, I applied our PTT for permittion
to use 432MHz segment for uplink, but still we denied.

  ...So now, I (we JAs) just do SURFACE DX transmittion (STRONGLY
NOT UPLINK TO THE SAT) on 432.15MHz by FM mode when the AO-7 is in
mode-B within our sight. At the same time I am hearing 2m with my
all-mode receiver Hi :-p

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY(T88IY),V63BP
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com

My Web Page <http://plaza16.mbn.or.jp/~palau/index-hame.html>
UO-14.net <http://www.uo14.net/>
QRZ.com <http://www.qrz.com/detail/JF6BCC>
AO-7 Active Mode summary (MS Excel data)
  http://plaza16.mbn.or.jp/~palau/temp/AO7-mode-report.xls