AO-7 Sighting

Hello All:

AO-7 was sighted optically from Holland, MI (EN62),
Sept. 5, 2002 between 01:29 - 01:33 UTC.

Instrument used was a Meade ETX-70 telescope, 70mm
objective lens, 350mm fl, 14x magnification.

AO-7 was first sighted at about 35 deg. elevation and
tracked to about 80 deg. elevation.  Unfortunately, my
telescope got confused when AO-7 neared the zenith
and stopped tracking.  This was a 89 deg. pass.

It was much brighter than I expected, 8-7 magnitude,
very tiny and star-like at first, white in color, but was
brightening to near 6th magnitude when my telescope
stopped tracking it.

CUL Armando n8igj@amsat.org