R: ANS - AO-07 rehash

----- Original Message -----
From: Lee <lee-fl@cfl.rr.com>
To: Amsat Bulletin Board <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 9:29 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] ANS - AO-07 rehash

> I was looking at these regs myself because someone had suggested that EME
> operators could legitimately complain that a satellite uplink is operating
> out of its sub-band.  However, a literal interpretation of "Earth Station"
> would include EME operators since the only requirement is the use of an
> "object in space".  So in fact, it is they who have been out of band all
> these years.
>
> No, I'm not arguing to move EME ops into the satellite sub-band.  Just
> wanted to point out that there is a LONG history of Earth Station
operation
> in the region of 432 MHz.
>
> 73,
> Lee-KU4OS

Hi Lee KU4OS,

The official ITU definition for the Amateur-Satellite Service is the
following:

NOC 3108 84ATA 3.35 Amateur-Satellite Service:  A
spa2                                 radiocommunication service using
                                          space stations on earth satellites
                                          for the same purposes as those of
                                          the amateur service.

So literaly the moon used as a EME reflector is not a space station on earth
satellite but only the natural earth satellite because no space station is
located on the moon.

For this reason the allocation for EME on 432.000-432.050 MHz is correct
and meets the ITU regulations because the EME operator do not use any
space station on earth satellite i.e. the moon  but he only uses the
reflection
from the natural earth satellite,the moon.

73" de i8CVS Domenico