Re:More Alon/Alat, WinOrbit, and Squint

Paul (W4SKI) said:

>I had heard that squint was getting worse, but has it really gotten THAT
>bad?  I suspect that I have failed to fully set up WinORbit to properly
>display squint for AO-40.  I certainly hope that is the case... as I doubt
>I can work it at 45 degrees squint, let alone at 152!

Paul,  I suspect the problem is related to the way squint was defined
relative to ALON/ALAT for AO-13  vs. AO-40.  Check out the AO-40 FAQ with
regard to squint. I think you'll find the answer there.

http://www.amsat.org/amsat/sats/ao40/ao40-faq.html#SQUINT

( You probably need to add 180 to the current ALON and change the sign of
ALAT. )