R: ANS

Hi All,

During the ITU Space Conference,World Administrative Radio Conference for
Space Telecommunication,Geneva, 1971 the decision concerning amateur
frequencies were ratified during plenary meeting held in the last week of
the Conference.

No further alterations were made and the final position was that the Amateur
Satellite Service,previously confined to 144-146 MHz was than allocated in
the following bands:

   7000       to        7100  KHz
 14000       to       14250 KHz
 21000       to       21450 KHz
 28000       to       29700 KHz
     144       to          146 MHz
      435      to          438 MHz
   24,00      to         24,05 GHz

During the Geneva 1971 Space Conference Mr. R. C. Tyson, Ambassador of the
USA was elected as one of the Conference Vice-Chairmen

It is evident that back in 1974, only three years after the Geneva ITU Space
Conference,the 432,125 to 432,175 MHz band would not be authorized and would
not be used for the uplink on  OSCAR-7

Actually ITU still allocates the Amateur Satellite Service only from 435 to
438 MHz but the Amateur Service uses legally world wide the following
432 MHz bandplanning as follows:

432,000 - 432,025   MHz            Moonbounce
432,025 - 432,150   MHz            Telegraphy (432,050 center of activity)
432,150 - 432,200   MHz             SSB/Telegraphy

Back in 1974 the EME activity was very small and actually is very high
and any possible complain by those EME or weak  SSB/Telegraphy users
against OSCAR-7 uplink local interference is legal.

73" de i8CVS Domenico