Re: ANS - AO-07 rehash

Unless someone files a complaint with the FCC you can use whatever frequencies
you want - we HAMS are a self-policing organization. In case anyone wants to
read the actual rules, here they are below - in the mean time, I'm going to
enjoy AO-07 while it lasts.

=============

97.209 ...

[Code of Federal Regulations]
[Title 47, Volume 5]
[Revised as of October 1, 2001]
>From the U.S. Government Printing Office via GPO Access
[CITE: 47CFR97.209]

[Page 591-592]

                       TITLE 47--TELECOMMUNICATION

                    CHAPTER I--FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS
                         COMMISSION (CONTINUED)

PART 97--AMATEUR RADIO SERVICE--Table of Contents

                      Subpart C--Special Operations

Sec. 97.209  Earth station.

    (a) Any amateur station may be an Earth station. A holder of any
class operator license may be the control operator of an Earth station,
subject to the privileges of the class of operator license held by the
control operator.
    (b) The following frequency bands and segments are authorized to
Earth stations:

[[Page 592]]

    (1) The 17 m, 15 m, 12 m, and 10 m bands, 6 mm, 4 mm, 2 mm and 1 mm
bands; and
    (2) The 7.0-7.1 MHz, 14.00-14.25 MHz, 144-146 MHz, 435-438 MHz,
1260-1270 MHz and 2400-2450 MHz, 3.40-3.41 GHz, 5.65-5.67 GHz, 10.45-
10.50 GHz and 24.00-24.05 GHz segments.

[54 FR 25857, June 20, 1989, as amended at 54 FR 39535, Sept. 27, 1989]

97.3.16 ...

    (16) Earth station. An amateur station located on, or within 50 km
of, the Earth's surface intended for communications with space stations
or with other Earth stations by means of one or more other objects in
space.

97.3.40 ...

    (40) Space station. An amateur station located more than 50 km above
the Earth's surface.

73's

Don Woodward
KD4APP